We have not been doing alot these last few days. Dan came down with some crazy pink eye and so we are the leper family that no one wants to be around. I love the man but he looks like a freak show right now. The original round of medicine didn't help him at all so they said that he caught some resistant strain from somewhere. So now he has to put on this goopy stuff every 4 hours and his vision is blurred. It looks like he rubbed vaseline all over his eyes. He has to do this for 7 days!! That means all through Christmas.
Last night our kids were not sleeping well and I was up alot. At 4:00 am I was laying in bed convinced that I had caught it. I was getting so worked up that I couldn't sleep. I was picturing meeting Spencer and Holly at the airport and them gasping in disdain and recoiling from my hugs. I was picturing no one wanting to sit by me at Christmas dinner and people running to wash their hands after just looking at me. I woke up this morning and to my delight I have still escaped the modern day leprosy. So far it will just be Dan sitting alone this Christmas.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Poor Dan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for the laugh! We went through so many rounds of pink eye last year... It was so NOT funny. It seemed like we just traded it back and forth all winter. Poor Dan is right! I think it's a lot tougher on adults than kids. And boy, I can relate to your dream. . . I've had some of the wierdest dreams ever with this pregnancy. I'll leave it at that:)
I am disappointed, Sarah. I expected a report on your Christmas holiday by now. I need to know how Logan liked his race cars and Macy her kitchen set.
Post a Comment