We had a bit of a scare this week with our little one. With this one sentence most of you know that we are speaking about Macy. The only scare we seem to have with Logan is if we can't find his blankie. I took her in to see the doctor because Dan and I were concerned about the size of her belly. It seemed much larger than we could ever recall - like it was full of air. They took an x-ray and didn't find any gas. The doctor was a little suspicious so he scheduled an ultrasound for this morning. The main concern was a mass of some kind growing in her little belly. If I have learned anything these past 15 (almost 16) months with our little girl it's that we have to wait to get too worried until after the results.
This morning I snuck away before we left and took a few minutes to get my thoughts straight and go to the Lord with my worries. He was faithful to help me with my perspective. I read through Psalm 40 and it was just what I needed. It started out in verse 2 saying that He has set my feet upon a rock and established my steps. Verse 3 says "He has put a new song in my mouth - Praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord". My prayer was that God would use this in some way to further His kingdom. Verse 16 is my prayer for the day.
" Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; Let such as love Your salvation say continually, "The Lord be magnified!" But I am poor and needy, yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; Do not delay, O my God."
I am still known a little around the radiology department at the hospital because I used to work there. I spoke with the Radiologist and he said that he didn't see anything that looked like a mass. We will be getting the full report soon so please continue to keep us in your prayers!

1 comments:
I am so glad that the ultrasound came back normal. What a scare that I am sure you are glad is over. I saw the picture at ISU and it made me miss it. Crazy!!!
Post a Comment