Monday, April 5, 2010

Celebrating!

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating the resurrection of Christ! Saturday is the day we usually reserve for Easter egg hunting, dyeing and such. This year we woke up to a nasty snow blizzard and Dan and I didn't feel up to trudging down to the park for the egg hunt. Logan seemed content enough to hang out and watch cartoons in our warm house while it was howling outside so we didn't feel too bad. Later on in the day we dyed some eggs and had a great time. We kept everything pretty low key (Easter just kind of snuck up on us this year). Logan couldn't wait to wake up on Sunday and say "He is risen!!" We had a great Sunday morning in our new church building worshipping God and thanking Him for sending His Son to the cross for us!

After the service we made lotsa food and had lotsa college students and friends over. We feasted, visited and played a rousing game of Taboo. It was all a great time. Dan and I love our annual tradition of inviting college students with no home to go to on Easter. It's always alot of fun even if our house is small and I'm not that great of a cook! Here's some pics of the egg dyeing festivities....


I cannot get him to pose nice for a picture these days. He DID NOT want pictures taken and so this was the best I could get.



Macy, on the other hand, is all about pictures these days. She just wanted to put her eggs in pink and purple and move them back and forth. She was fascinated with the pink dye. It was really cute.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!

0 comments: