Today has been a day where I am trying to get by. Dan is gone for the whole day on a rafting trip and I am trying to be positive and enjoy my little munchkins instead of just wanting a break! After Logan watched too many Saturday morning cartoons I decided that we needed a little fresh air. I loaded up the backpack and Logan's bike and we headed to the park. I like to take the kids to a park nearby that has a paved path. I walk with Macy happily in the backpack and Logan rides his bike. We had a great time. The weather was absolutely perfect- warm with a nice breeze. Logan road all the way around and we played on the swings and went down the slides. Our good time turned a corner at the end of our adventure.
I was taking Macy out of the backpack and Logan was riding around the sidewalk. He was riding up and down the sloped curb. He was feeling very adventurous. (I must interject here and say that Logan is rather timid about things and it was a big deal that he was being brave enough to ride up and down. I am trying to raise a man and have him be tough and brave and all that- but I also inherited being a worrier and am always afraid he is going to get hurt, I realized it was getting bad when friends would come over and at 2 years old he would say "don't do that you might get hurt", or "I might fall down"- when jumping off a really small rock.) We didn't bring his helmet this time because it doesn't fit very well and he hates to wear it. We keep saying, "we really need a new helmet for Logan". As he was riding the whole time I was thinking , "He really needs a helmet, he really, really needs a helmet"- than CRASH! He falls over and smacks his head on the sidewalk. So today he has a gigantic goose egg on his forehead. I did the typical freak out thing where I couldn't stop wondering if he had a head trauma- check the pupils, is he drowsy?, etc. Driving home I am picturing going to the ER, the CT scan, the brain surgery to stop the internal bleeding, etc. He seems to be doing fine. He just says, "I'm sad" if I ask how his head feels so I guess that means ok unless one of the signs of a head trauma is sudden onset of depressing type thoughts...
When do I just hold my breath and let him try something that looks really freaky and when do I be the overprotective annoying mom and step in? So all this to say that I am still trying to figure it out.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
No Mother of the Year awards for this house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Never let your kids see that you know you messed up! Then they'll just grow up tougher!!
Post a Comment