Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back to School


First day of school 2012!  Macy is going to a charter school for Kindergarten this year and Logan is homeschooling again in 2nd grade.  There are multiple reasons for these choices and tonight I feel like it has been the best decision for both.  Macy was SO nervous to go to school with tears and lots of anxiety.  When I went to pick her up she had a big smile and said she had the "best day ever!"  Oh, I was so so happy to hear it.  What a relief!  We went to McDonalds to celebrate.  It was a great day.
She already has her clothes picked out and her backpack ready to go for tomorrow.  Yay!


Logan was really excited to start a new year of school.  I was feeling the pressure because he kept saying he couldn't wait to start.  Yikes!  I was afraid that he would have some sort of let down since we were at home.  He seemed to really enjoy the first day so I was happy about that!  He really likes his new books.  We are trying a few different curriculums this year because we both felt like last year was pretty boring.  He LOVES his new math program and science.  It felt so good to get back into the swing of things and spend some good quality time with him.  It feels like a special time with him when we are doing school together.  I guess it's how he and I bond!  I am so thankful for an eager learner and just an all around fun boy to be with during the day. 


I shot this picture right before she left. . . ummmmm. . . who's mother sends their child to school with ridiculously wrinkly clothes on the first day?  Apparently that's me :-).  Oh well.  And yes, she just got a new a-line haircut (thanks to free back to school haircuts at JCPenney's!).  It is a bit short but took me about a minute to fix this morning which is great for our relationship!  Here's to a blessed year of growth for all of us!

2 comments:

Good Life Girl said...

Macy looks adorable! I did decide to iron Hattie's clothes last minute and was debating if it was really necessary. They just sit in them and wrinkle them up anyways. So glad you and Logan are having a good time together. I'm able to read your blog right now cuz all 3 of mine are gone for the moment. But Leif will be back in a little while. Awfully quiet around here. I had to turn the dishwasher on. Miss you guys!

Krista said...

I am so glad both the kids liked school, especially Macy because it had to be so stressful for you all day long, hoping she would like it. She just seems extra special, and I think we would get along. I love your comment about short hair being good for your relationship! I am not certain I've ever ironed any of my kids clothes; that's what the dryer is for, right?