Thursday, February 17, 2011

North Carolina!


Zoe and I took a big trip across the country to meet baby Paige.  I fly very little and never have with a child.  It was totally exhausting!  I never realized how much they pack you in like sardines in those planes, especially when you have a baby on your lap!  Zoe was pretty good on the plane except for the time she wacked the guy next to us in the face with the safety manual while he was sleeping...whoops! 

It was so much fun to hang out with Spencer and Holly and hold and squeeze Paige.  It was fun to see my little sister settling into her new role as a mommy.  She said it so true when she said, "I just never knew it would feel like this".  Motherhood is so great! 

Things I want to remember about the trip:
  • Paige's long fingers and big feet just like her momma's!
  • Holly and I's morning routine of coffee on her bed while nursing our babies and watching Regis and Kelly
  • Bonding/sleeping with Paige while Holly got some much needed sleep at night
  • The time I pushed the wrong button on the arm rest and made the guy next to me fall back in his seat on the plane...haha!
It was all a lot of fun and I am so grateful that it worked out that I was able to travel to North Carolina and see them.  A great big thanks to our moms for watching the kids and my incredible husband for taking care of the other two and managing the house while I was gone.

0 comments: