Macy and I went to the endocrinologist again yesterday. We had a good trip together. The doctor was so pleased with her growth that she wanted to do bloodwork to see if she is making her own hormone. That was very exciting for us. We should know in a few weeks. We might be able to be done with the shots!!! Yahoo!! They also tested her thyroid. Macy had a really hard time at the doctor. She screamed about getting weighed and measured. They couldn't do her blood pressure because she was so upset. When they said they wanted to do bloodwork I explained that this is why Macy freaks out! She has been poked way too many times. Before we got to the doctor's office, Macy asked for " i kee" (ice cream). I told her we could go get some afterwards. The whole time at the appointment Macy was crying for "i kee, i KEE, I KEEEE!" We had to hold her really tight while she got her blood drawn. Afterwards she got a really cute bear and they wrapped it's arm with the same pink band as she had. She was really sweet as soon as her blood was drawn and I was glad that the girls that took her blood got to see her sweet side! She looked so cute standing there with tears on her face whispering "i kee" and holding her bear.
Needless to say, we went and got ice cream! She sat in the chair like such a big girl and ate her pink ice cream. She was so excited. I watched her eat and thanked God for how far she has come since the first time we took her to this doctor.
She is a really great traveller. She just looks out the window, plays with her little stuffed animals, sings and claps. She would get super excited if she saw a train. She would say, "Tain! choo choo!" , " Hi, tain (while waving)" and "bye tain". We will keep you posted on what we find out about the bloodwork!
"For great is His steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever." Psalm 117:2
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
A Good Trip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Keeping Macy and your family in our prayers.
That Macy is quite a trooper! Olivia says ice cream the exact same way, and it always makes me smile. I'll keep Macy in our prayers, too. I hope our girls get to meet in person some day.
Post a Comment