Monday, August 11, 2008

The Need for a Little Perspective

We are back from a week in Montana. Dan and I were looking forward to being home and getting back into our routine. I was really looking forward to it until I was home for about 15 minutes. Than I realized, yikes, I have to do it all now. My mom and dad were so gracious to us while we were there. I didn't cook or really clean that much. Now I am back to cooking meals, cleaning up constantly after my children, and cleaning this house that never seems to be in order.

Last night we wanted to have a nice relaxing evening with the kids. Our plan was to make a simple dinner and kick back and watch the Olympics (we are now officially Olympic junkies). Logan was dieing to ride his bike and wanted to play, play, play with us and be really crabby and tired at the same time, and Macy was crab city because she didn't have more than a 10 minute nap in the car. Dan and I were about ready to pull our hair out! Than came bed time and we were looking for some relief. Macy would not go to bed for anything and, to make things worse, Logan kept getting out of bed and waking her up (they share a room). The kids didn't get to sleep until 11:30! AHHHH!

It's times like these when I need a little perspective. What in the world am I doing? Is it just get up, cook, clean, take care of kids, sleep. No way! I need to be looking for ways in my day to day duties to glorify God. I need to be using the moments with Logan that are killing me to train him in the way that he should go. I need to be looking at his little heart motives and finding ways to show him his sin and his need for a Savior. The One who took little Logan boy's sin upon Himself and died in his place. THAT needs to be my motivation. I need to see how cleaning up and cooking for my husband is one way that I am his help mate and also how he can be better equpped to serve others (the "for my husband" part is pretty easy cause he does ALOT). I also need to be looking around for ways to show the love of Christ to my neighbors, friends, and anyone I come in contact with. I am glad to be back into my early morning coffee, bible reading and prayer time because it does wonders for my days!

So I am off to focus on a better perspective...and figure out what I am cooking for dinner...and scrub off the pen mark that Logan just drew on the couch as I wrote this.

0 comments: