Friday, February 17, 2012

January 2012

Oh, I remember fondly the time when I could blog every other day and it was no big thang! My, how times have changed with three busy kids, homeschooling and ministry!  Whew!

 We had a great month of January and so I wanted to put up a few highlights.  Here we go...



 We had close friends move away in January and they will be dearly missed.  The Jackson family has been a big part of our lives over the years and we were sad to see them go, but also excited for them as they step out on a new adventure on the other side of the country.  Kim and I have been in mom's groups, bible studies, life groups you name it together.  We had babies at similar times and laughed and literally cried together through the ups and downs of mommyhood.  She lives out her faith, loves Jesus and wants others to grow in Him.  I am blessed to have been encouraged by her all these years. 


The last night we got to hang out.  Macy and Logan love their little friends and miss them very much already!


 A Jackson style (ummm more Kim than Eric.  I think this was when Eric and Dan were hiding out downstairs so they wouldn't have to dance again) send off:  Kinect Just Dance. .. . good times.  Love you guys!!



Little Zoe is blossoming in her little personality.  Here she is on a regular day.  She most often has a baby nearby and loves to find hats around the house.   


She is SO much fun!



Of course, the big event in January was our little Macy Joy turning 5 years old!  I cannot believe it.  She had a birthday extravaganza this year.  First off, she had a tea party with two friends.  Her little friends were adorable.  Macy's favorite part was getting everything ready and decorating the table.  She picked out the decorations and made a list for all the treats.  I had to cut out a few of the sweets or they would have had major tummy aches!

On her list was: cupcakes,cake, ice cream, cookies, whip cream and tea.  We ended up with cupcakes, cookies, grapes and "tea".
Here is her table all decked out.  She had boxes with little trinkets in them for gifts for her friends. 

Here they are before the party and so very proud! 


 Later that night we had a party with just us.  She felt very special!  I also brought treats to her school the next day and we had a little party in Montana a week later.  Wowza, that's alota birthday for one little girl! Glad I have a year to recover for the next one!  It was so much fun to see her excited and happy.  She is a delight to us in so many ways.

Four years ago, we didn't know what was going on with our little girl and we were very concerned about her.  After she was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency and started getting shots, physical therapy and speech therapy, things started to turn around for her.  After crying her first 2 years of life, God has been faithful in growing her into the most delightful little girl.  She is eccentric in many ways and we are so thankful to have this quirky little, mildy OCD, girl in our lives.  We can't imagine life without her!


Logan had his second grand prix for Awana at the end of January.  This year he decided he wanted a "dragon robot car".   So that is exactly what he made with a little help from his dad.  The design, colors and all were Logan's idea and Dan just helped with the power tools and glue.  Last year, he got second place, so this year we were trying to prepare him in case his car wasn't quite as fast.  It ended up not being as fast and he didn't place.  We were proud of him for having a great attitude and just enjoying himself.  He is already planning for next year.


Here he is putting the car on the track.



Dragon car in action


And this is what we've been doing on the other days!  School, school, school! 

1 comments:

Trixie Lovelace said...

Nice tea party Sarah! I can't wait to have a tea party birthday for my little girl.