Thanks to Pinterest and random blog viewing, I got a wild idea in November. Macy had been wanting a kitchen set for some time and I wanted a good sturdy one that would last a good while. Most of the affordable ones at the store are plastic, cheapy and just plain not ideal. I wanted a wood one but didn't want to fork out the big bucks for one. I found this old (and very heavy) entertainment center on Craiglist. After getting Dan in on the idea, we purchased the entertainment center and got to work. This is what we started with minus the glass doors:
After many hours of sanding, painting, woodworking and second hand store hunting, this is what we ended up with:
We still have some minor things to do. I want to attach number buttons for the microwave and get a dry erase board on the side (next to the play phone).
This project was alot of fun to do with Dan. The kids were shocked on Christmas morning and it all made sense why mom and dad were working on the "entertainment center" for so long! They LOVE it! It was a super big hit!

1 comments:
that is awesome looking! you two did an awesome job! i am sure the kids will love playing with it for a long time!!!
Post a Comment