Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Festival 2011

Dan had just got back from Russia on the 31st so we had a rushed pumpkin carving and dress up day for the Fall Festival.  Dan was a trooper to help with it all with some major jet lag!  There are alot of things that we aren't crazy about with Halloween (gore, scary stuff, celebrating death - yuck), but the kids love to dress up and we all like to carve pumpkins, of course!  Here are some pics from our fun day...

Pulling out the guts!

Macy wanted to be a gymnast but also wanted to be a cat...so we improvised and ta da - A cat gymnast! This was all her doing - complete with the black bow on the head.  I thought it turned out really cute and I think she was proud of herself with coming up with the idea on her own.

My two kitties

She was ready to go and so excited!

She wore the costume all night!  It isn't very breathable so she was super sweaty by the end!

Puss n Boots!  I thought of this before I even realized there was a new movie out.  He hasn't seen it but we had all the stuff and looked at lots of pictures.


We didn't intend on having a cat theme but it ended up that way!

I think I got a very similar picture of Macy last year like this.  Of course, it ended up that Macy didn't enjoy the party (too many people and too much noise).  The one highlight was when she won a cupcake during the cake walk.

0 comments: