Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bountiful!!!

This morning I was standing in line waiting for my Bountiful Basket and struck up a conversation with the gal in front of me. She was a cute lady with pretty blonde hair and very obviously pregnant. Part of our conversation went something like this:

Me: How far along are you?
Cute lady: I'm 36 weeks so it's coming very soon (with a peaceful sweet smile)
Me: That's wonderful, do you have other children?
Cute lady: Yes, I have 7. This will be my 8th
Me: (trying not to gasp in pure shock) Wow, you don't look old enough to have that many children!
Cute lady: Well, I am (with a smile). They are all 18 months apart.

Excuse me? I wanted to ask if I heard her correctly. I told her she was amazing because she IS. How do these women do it and remain any bit of sane - and 18 months apart?!?! I had one pair 18 months apart and it about put me over the edge that first year! I know some may tsk tsk, shake their head or recoil at the idea of having so many kids but I think it is super cool. This woman is a superhero! There is something fascinating to me about having a whole bus full of children. I think I will just be dreaming about it cause I'm pretty sure my husband isn't on board with that one and I don't have the mental stability nor the physical stamina to do it!! I will just look at these women with my utmost respect and admiration because no matter what the world will tell you, children are a blessing from the Lord!

On another note, I tried my first persimmon today and it was absolutely delightful!

0 comments: