My good friend Kim once told me that when your kids are young they aren't going to necessarily remember their birthday parties but they will remember the pictures so be sure and get good ones! I think it was great advice. I took lots of pictures of Macy this year. She was just too cute.
We just did a little party with us this year and it was a hit. Anyone who knows Macy knows that she is a little people phobic and prefers to be home with us. This made the party really easy! She was so proud this year! She loved her balloons and her (very amateurish) birthday cake.
We took her to McDonald's for lunch because that is like the coolest thing ever for her and Logan. She got a cash register toy and a play vacuum and both were a hit. We had a really great day with her and feel so blessed to be her parents!Since this is pretty much the only way I scrapbook, I wanted to jot down some things that we want to always remember about Macy at this age. So here goes:
- She thinks Barney (actually Baby Bop) is the coolest. The rest of the family would beg to differ, but we humor her.
- She is finally talking more and more. Our favorite phrases are "amo got" (almost forgot)- which she says all the time in funny situations, a variety of sandwich phrases (why, Dad, why? what, Mom, what? etc), and "Down Mah" (down Max) in her growly stern voice and "ahhhh Mah" in her high pitched lovey voice.
- She is still a dog and cat lover. I still try to encourage dolls because I always loved them and it's not happening!
- She finally figured out how to jump and she loves to do "The Baby Bop Hop" all over the house.
- Her favorite foods are ice cream, cheese, cereal, chocolate milk and graham crackers. She also likes "cold water with ice" just like her brother.
- She is OCD about changing her clothes. She has a big basket in her room full of clothes and she goes through them all day and changes her outfits about 12 times a day. She always puts on "cozy" pants and wears pajamas as much as possible.
- She hates dresses and cries when I want her to wear them. I thought that was supposed to happen when they get older?
- Every night she thanks God for Mommy, Daddy, Brother and Hattie and Hailey.
We love you Macy! Happy 3rd Birthday!!

4 comments:
Happy Birthday! I loved reading such special things about you!
What a cute cake and great pictures! Glad you had a great party! I really enjoyed reading about Macy! I need to write down more stuff for my girls to remember what they were doing at this age. Thanks for sharing!
And Macy is ADORABLE!!!
She looks so cute in the pictures. Thank you for sharing the list, I enjoyed it as much as the one you did for Logan.
Post a Comment