Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Lippizaner Stallions

My dad wanted Logan to go see the Lippizaner Stallions hoping that it would instill a love for horses like it did for him when he was a little boy. My dad remembers going to see the show in California as a young boy and being so fascinated with them that he vowed one day he would own a horse. He grew up to fulfill that dream! Now he is an excellent horseman. Fittingly, I called tonight to tell him about the show and he wasn't home because he was letting out his horse after working some cows today.

So we went to the show last night. It was a mom and son date. We had a great time. The horses were amazing! They were beautiful and graceful. The trainers were amazing. Logan was a little young for it so he wasn't able to appreciate it as much but he really liked to clap and made sure that I did each time the audience did. He loved it when the horses did their famous "airs above the ground" routines. I think his highlight was intermission when I forked out way too much money for some soda and popcorn. As we were walking out he said, "That was fun mom". I think he enjoyed it and now we have to get him to the ranch more so that he will be a horse lover like his Papa Vince wants so bad!


This is us waiting...and waiting...and waiting for the show to start. It is hard to entertain an almost 3 year old for 35 minutes with ants in his pants.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Your family is SO CUTE!! I loved reading and being updated about the last few years of your lives!!! I'm really excited to be able to check up on you!